Is your immigration case taking too long to process? Are you wondering why?
We wish there were a simple answer to these questions, but unfortunately, the timing of the immigration process is affected by many variables, and each case is different.
Some of the factors impacting case timing are:
- What type of case do you have? Which agency or agencies are involved?
- What service center has possession of your file?
- Does your case involve any unusual complications?
- Is your case adjudication abnormally late?
- Or are all cases in your category taking an unduly long time?
- Are you in removal proceedings? If so, what is the judge and the court where your case is pending?
- And how has the Covid-19 pandemic impacted the people working in the agencies handling your case?
Attorney Jennifer Walker Gates goes over the different details you need to consider when waiting for your immigration case to be processed. Watch this video to understand what government agency handles your case, what category it falls under, and what you can do to speed it up!
If you or a loved one need legal assistance with any immigration matter, contact us at +1 512-633-1785 or schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys here.
Follow us on: