Immigration Appeals

You filled out all the paperwork and have gone through the headache of dealing with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). But – your application has been denied. Do you give up? Where do you turn for help? If your visa, Green Card, waiver, or other immigration application has been denied, we can help.

Types Of Appeals We Handle

Appeals of I-130 Denials –The I-130 Form is the document you file to petition a family member to come to the United States. You form may have been denied because you failed to show proof you were a permanent resident or citizen, couldn’t provide enough evidence of a familial relationship, or you didn’t provide enough information.

Appeals of Adjustment of Status Denials – If you want to transition from “nonimmigrant” status to “immigrant” status – meaning you are now a legal permanent resident – you must file for an Adjustment of Status.  If your application is denied, you cannot appeal since this is a discretionary decision rather than a legal “right.” Instead, you must refile your initial application.

Appeals of Visa Denials – If you are trying to come to the U.S. and your visa has been denied, we can assist with:

  • Immigrant Fiancé petitions
  • Petitions to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence
  • T and U Visa petitions for crime victims

Appeals of I-1601 Waiver Denials – If your immigration application was found inadmissible, you can file a I-1601 Waiver – a Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. If your application is denied, you cannot appeal the decision or ask USCIS to reconsider. However, if your situation changes, our attorneys can help you re-file to ensure approval. For example, if you had a communicable disease but it is now cured, you may file for a new Waiver.

Other immigration appeals –

  • Applications for Temporary Protected Status
  • Applications for waiver of ground of inadmissibility
  • Applications for permission to reapply for admission after deportation
  • Certain special immigrant visa petitions (Form I-360 except for Form I-360 widower appeals, which are appealable to the BIA);
  • Applications to preserve residence for naturalization purposes
  • Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) determinations that a surety bond has been breached.

Let's Work Together

Contact Us About Your Case

Your case is important to us, in order to help you as effectively as possible please book your appointment now:


505 East Huntland Drive,
Suite 300
Austin, TX 78752

Schedule A Consultation

We would love to help you with your case. In order to begin the process, please click the button below to book an appointment through our Acuity Scheduling system.