What To Do If You Are Detained By Immigration
FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE WITH A CASE INVOLVING ARREST OR DEPORTATION, CALL OUR EMERGENCY HOTLINE AT 1-877-339-1422 OR TEXT US AT 512-213-0005.
If you or a loved one has been arrested by ICE, you should contact a trusted attorney to assist you as early in the process as possible.
At Walker Gates Vela, these are the immediate steps we take to assist detained clients:
Step 1: Gather information
We will need the following information about the detained person:
Date of birth
Country of birth
Location (if known)
A number (if known)
We will need the following information from you (the person contacting us):
Relationship to detainee
Contact phone number
Send this information to a WGV staffer now via this link.
Step 2: Locate
Next, WGV works to locate the detainee via the ICE online detainee locator or by contacting detention facilities directly.
Step 3: Contact
Once the detainee is located, WGV will arrange to visit with the detainee either in person or by phone in order to fully evaluate his or her case.
Step 4: Assist
Once case evaluation is complete, WGV may assist with any or all of the following, depending on the specific needs of the client:
- Provide notice to ICE that detainee is represented so that we are included in all official communications;
- Provide assistance to detainee in preparing for his or her credible fear interview;
- Facilitate communications with the detainee and his or her family;
- Facilitate deposits of funds in commissary account;
- Compiling documents to support bond or parole request;
Step 5: Seek release
After we determine that a detainee is eligible for release from ICE custody, we will prepare and submit a request for release either on bond or parole. We may also submit a motion to the immigration judge for a bond hearing should that be required.
If the detainee is granted a bond or parole, we will assist with the logistics of helping him or her arrive safely at home, including posting bond and/or facilitating travel arrangements.
Detention Centers Served by WGV*
- South Texas Detention Center, Pearsall, Texas
- T. Don Hutto Detention Center, Taylor, Texas
- South Texas Family Detention Center, Dilley, Texas
- Karnes Family Detention, Karnes City, Texas
- Laredo Processing Center, Laredo, Texas
- Webb County Detention Center, Laredo, Texas
- Houston Processing Center, Houston, Texas
- Joe Corley Detention Center, Houston, Texas
- LaSalle Regional Detention Center, Encinal, Texas
- Coastal Bend Detention Facility, Robstown, Texas
- Brooks County Detention Center, Falfurrias, Texas
- Willacy County Regional Detention Center, Raymondville, Texas
- East Hidalgo Detention Center, Hidalgo, Texas
- Port Isabel Detention Center, Los Fresnos, Texas
*If your loved one is detained in a location not listed here, please contact our office.
Let's Work Together
Contact Us About Your Case
Your case important to us, in order to help you as effectively as possible please provide us with details regarding your case by completing our "Consultation Request Form" or for faster service book your appointment now with our "Appointment Scheduler".
Schedule A Consultation
We would love to help you with your case. In order to begin the process, please book an appointment using the "Appointment Scheduler" below.
If you are not sure you want to book a consultation now, please fill out the "Consultation Request Form".