At Walker Gates Vela, people ask all the time, “Is there any way to adjust status without leaving the US?” Unfortunately, many family-based immigrants must go through obtaining a waiver and consular processing to get legal status. However, if you have the opportunity to take advantage of 245i Adjustment of Status, you can avoid leaving the United States and can get your residency at a local USCIS office near where you live. In this video, immigration lawyer Jennifer Walker Gates explains the LIFE Act, which includes section 245i of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including how to know if you qualify for 245i adjustment of status, and several common scenarios where people become eligible to adjust status under 245i.

Check it out, leave us a comment, and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for more important information!

If you or a loved one need legal assistance with any immigration matter, contact us at +1 512-633-1785 or schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys here 👉

Follow us on: