The Legal Blog

Immigration-related news and views

What Is A U Visa?

The U Visa was created by Congress, in the year 2000, to encourage immigrant victims of crime to come forward, to report crimes without fear of deportation. The U Visa gives the recipient a permit to work and live legally in the United States for up to four years....

read more

What Should I Do If I am Detained By ICE?

Hi, I am Jennifer Walker Gates with Walker Gates Vela. Today's immigration law question comes from Daniel in Harlingen, Texas. Daniel asks, "What should I do if I'm detained by ICE?" If you are in the United States and you are undocumented, you must unfortunately face...

read more

Contact Us About Your Case

1 + 3 =

505 East Huntland Drive,

Suite 300

Austin, TX 78752